[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ttylinux:355] New Virtio ttylinux Platforms
- To: ttylinux <[email protected]>
- Subject: Re: [ttylinux:355] New Virtio ttylinux Platforms
- From: Kyle Hayes <[email protected]>
- Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 16:53:38 -0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2a00:1450:4010:c03::231 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=GjVzIffXWg/P0ZUOdaV9XNPgTAnUwzT67awGDufuab4=; b=oixvkY6HigHlkQ+ouWUXqCrft4I3HiHHcKclZK4iPRkpXAd8i4l/KJcaWEW00FazkM 73LSTqSjyoVyupQ9ZnNeXsI72ssMqY3LS+OexZCThEig1lBb3F8JhCwsF89y4hHScA6b Y8LCdsK5sP4pAYjYqJSURS7pnQ2fyPGariMSFafKvE6Xtce97Kd3eBbBmacFprimn328 RO4ebu7VsJM77ApQCuWgQ24K6nmrJiIgJPZqfr99htFHQxzP5SVe2IYDcQ9X+zThdqrd fcuXtLemwwr3iwgvC/opEi7b+esgU30Y5NHJLnQW6t0KsV3aLVgzX3B8T4h3Ysjgwp6T bbCg==
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]m>
- References: <[email protected]m>
In order to allow the shared file systems to be mounted in VBox, I think that CIFS/SMB is used. I am not sure of that though. This is to support the built-in VBox shared directory system. I use VBox non-free and so install the extension pack so I am not entirely sure what is actually used under the hood. Since it works on Windows hosts, I suspect it is not NFS.
CD-ROMs are how you get the extension pack to install in the guest OS. If you want to install ttylinux into a VM without an existing virtual disk image, you'd probably want to start with an ISO, so you'd need those drivers. I may be confused.