Re: [ttylinux:355] New Virtio ttylinux Platforms

In order to allow the shared file systems to be mounted in VBox, I think that CIFS/SMB is used.  I am not sure of that though.  This is to support the built-in VBox shared directory system.  I use VBox non-free and so install the extension pack so I am not entirely sure what is actually used under the hood. Since it works on Windows hosts, I suspect it is not NFS.

CD-ROMs are how you get the extension pack to install in the guest OS.  If you want to install ttylinux into a VM without an existing virtual disk image, you'd probably want to start with an ISO, so you'd need those drivers.  I may be confused.

Best,
Kyle