Re: [ttylinux:362] i486 build with gcc

On 05/06/13 02:56, AndrewHolt wrote:
Hi,

The reason for my interest is that I have a couple of VIA boards I am
planning to make use of to build a monitoring system (environmental,
UPS, basic system health).  I built & tried the 686 CD first but the CPU
does not have some of the extensions required.

I understand that the 486 version is a low priority.  If there is
anything I can do to help, let me have a pointer in what you consider to
be a good direction.

Regards,
Andrew
I was just looking at an older ttylinux i486 that had gcc-4.4.4 and
it will take a little work to try in the new build environment. But
before I do that, maybe you want to try the old version.

I can make available the ISO and its (old ttylinux) build system,
but I won't do much to support it.  I'll still try to make a config
for a newer i486 ttylinux with gcc, but it will be a week or two away,
and it will have a newer glibc. (and maybe a 3.7.1 kernel and udev?)