CD-ROM Device File

I recently acquired an old Sony VAIO laptop. It is probably a 9" screen, and has 64MB of MicroDIMM RAM. (I don't intend to buy more MicroDIMMs, thus I chose ttylinux for this project.)

I booted to the i486 CD in hopes of installing to the 10GB hard disk I installed, but I could not figure out how the CD-ROM drive was mapped to a device file, or where. As the bootable system is incredibly minimal, there is no /cdrom or /dev/cdrom pre-allocated for this purpose. I followed the documentation and tried /dev/hd{a,b,c,d}, to no avail. (I thought that even IDE devices used /dev/sd(x) as of a while ago; I tried that as well.)

The quirk here is that the CD-ROM drive is neither built into the laptop nor USB. It is a proprietary PCMCIA-attached CD-ROM drive. It's surprising that it works, but I will need it to complete this installation. So, seeing as there is no "lsblk" command, is there any typical mounting point for PCMCIA-attached storage with this kernel?

Thanks in advance.
— Jörgen Albrechtslund III