Re: [ttylinux:377] PCMCIA Network Access

On 05/10/13 22:41, J�rgen Albrechtslund III wrote:
Now that I have gotten ttylinux installed on this unfortunate little
laptop, my next challenge is acquiring some sort of network access.

There is no onboard Ethernet, only a 56k Winmodem. There is one PCMCIA
slot which I can affirm does work as I have used the PCMCIA-based CD-ROM
drive successfully. I have a grand assortment of PCMCIA cards: modems,
10/100 LAN adapters, 802.11b and 802.11g cards, &c. Unfortunately I seem
to have misplaced the box containing the majority thereof; however, I
still have with me one 10/100 LAN adapter and two 802.11g cards. I only
intend to use two in the end.

The issue is, none of these cards even receive power when attached. I
have tried inserting the cards before or during POST, but the power LEDs
do not illuminate.

I read a forum thread about the use of PCMCIA wireless cards with
ttylinux, and I admittedly understood little of it with the limited
context supplied. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could suggest
some general troubleshooting to get at least one of these cards working
initially so I can have network access to download further packages, &c.
(Eventually all I need is one 802.11g card to work, and I should have
several more if I can locate them. If it is easier to get one of the
10/100 LAN adapters to work, I can deal with that temporarily.) At least
I can use the USB flash drive to transfer packages to the laptop, so if
there is a package of firmware or a kernel module, I would appreciate it
if someone could point me in the right direction.

TIA.
� J�rgen Albrechtslund III
Probably the 10/100 LAN adapter is the only thing
you'll get working, the kernel doesn't have WLAN
support.

The kernel does have
CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_3C589=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_3C574=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_FMVJ18X=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_PCNET=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_NMCLAN=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_SMC91C92=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_XIRC2PS=y
CONFIG_PCMCIA_AXNET=y

I really do not know why the PCMCIA cards do not seem
to power-up...