Re: [ttylinux] Anyone able to get VirtualBox sharing to work w. ttylinux guest, ubuntu host?

As far as I can remember, the VBox file sharing client installation does require the "build-essential" package and the kernel headers for Ubuntu VBox clients.  "Build-essential" contains the basic C/C++ toolchain including gcc, g++, make etc.  That's a lot of extra stuff.

As Douglas said, you might want to try something else.  NFS is pretty easy to set up if you really want to mount a drive.

If you want to mount the VBox client as a drive on the host, you could use one of the tools that works over SSH and start an SSH server on the ttylinux client.  That might be the opposite direction you were intending, but it would work with a smaller amount of effort.

Best,
Kyle