[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ttylinux] Anyone able to get VirtualBox sharing to work w. ttylinux guest, ubuntu host?
- To: ttylinux <[email protected]>
- Subject: Re: [ttylinux] Anyone able to get VirtualBox sharing to work w. ttylinux guest, ubuntu host?
- From: Kyle Hayes <[email protected]>
- Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 14:34:36 -0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2607:f8b0:400d:c01::231 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]; dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=ruAFjZ5QVYO/vXdYCjFdDl64mwoWVLD1eDgGSkVCvRE=; b=CGlRotSZgVYT8IEJlfngKphwRyefNU/ktFiPq+KsAopDn33bkweRfjMOdTmD2NZZge UPTzNAimQ/GUymoLOjN98EJMaUix0gADVq3cC4IFEoYY5SdsdPN7+D10/J/1RW1FqskY DzUQFYtRgcIbwDm7Ok2ATgbc+3uyWGHNtoT3gOgLSyeyerkXs20UE/RAiFinaiyg7ZZz Cw0zwTSFUi+EuUYgQNdqqRY4WVEToeWnxN737xwhh0hVsJ030YM1XvInWi8GpUOU4aNi kSBIEBOq2DrAa7y653XbGR0UN4ix5bHQZaqmocZP4MzbwVgE2jZScG4ZWCxsy2iGRa12 7yeA==
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
As far as I can remember, the VBox file sharing client installation does require the "build-essential" package and the kernel headers for Ubuntu VBox clients. "Build-essential" contains the basic C/C++ toolchain including gcc, g++, make etc. That's a lot of extra stuff.
As Douglas said, you might want to try something else. NFS is pretty easy to set up if you really want to mount a drive.
If you want to mount the VBox client as a drive on the host, you could use one of the tools that works over SSH and start an SSH server on the ttylinux client. That might be the opposite direction you were intending, but it would work with a smaller amount of effort.