Hi Douglas

We exchanged quite a few emails a few years back, when I asked questions about adding wireless and udev to the newly released ttylinux-9.7 a few years back, when this forum was still at the old minimalinux.org site. I've been using versions 5.3 and 9.7 (pc_i486) regularly over the years since their initial release and was very glad to find out last month that the work on ttylinux is still active and new versions are being released. It is a precious minimal distro, and I hope that you'll keep working on it.
Last month, with some extra time on my hand, I've downloaded the latest version (ttylinux-pc_i486-16.3) and I've experimented a bit with it. I have added the following:

libbzip2-1.0.2
netkit-telnet-015
pcmciautils-015
wireless-tools-029
mc-4.5.51
bandwidth-ng-06
busybox 1.22.1 recompiled with a few extras
calcurse-3.1.4
glib-2.28.6
gnugp-1.4.18
libgcrypt-1.6.2
libpgp-error-1.13
gnutls-3.2.15
gmp-6.0.0a
nettle-2.7.1
zlib-1.2.8
iftop-0.17
iptraf-ng-1.1.4
iptables-1.4.21
links-2.8
lynx-2.8.8
ca-certificates
mcabber-0.10.3
libotr-4.0.0
loudmouth-1.5.0
macchanger-1.6.0
minicom-2.6.2
mpop-1.0.29
msmtp-1.4.32
libgsasl-1.8.0
libidn-1.29
mutt-1.5.23
cyrus-sasl-2.1.26
nano-2.2.6
ncurses-5.9
openssl-1.0.1i
ppp-2.4.7
tmux-1.9a
libevent-2.0.21

With all binaries stripped, the complete filesystem occupies only 27.5 MB on hard drive resulting in a 10.5 MB filesys.gz, requires only about 50 MB of RAM to boot and happily keeps alive my old 266 MHz, 96 MB RAM laptop, which would otherwise have become useless.

Now, I have a question for you. Everything works perfectly except for mcabber, which starts normally without errors, but crashes upon connecting to a jabber server with the error message "illegal instruction". I'll be doing some further testing on this, but was wondering if you have an idea, based on your experience with busybox-based systems, of why this is occurring. To be continued...

Thanks again for your wonderful work maintaining ttylinux.

Pablo

P.S. By the way, even though your list states that ttylinux-pc_i486-16.3 cincludes ncurses-5.9, it did not come with it and I had to add it to the filesystem myself.