Fedora 32-bit libpthread.so.0 that
satisfied the alsa-lib relink for
the i686 cross-build of ttylinux.

On 09/23/14 20:46, djerome wrote:
Cats,

I have an odd build problem. I think I can't explain detail
enough, but maybe this will sound familiar to someone
and they can give me a clue.

I was using x86_64 Fedora and I could crossbuild
an x86_64 ttylinux. I switched to latest stable x86_64
Debian when I needed to switch to an unused hard
drive (because reasons).

I use crosstool-ng-1.19.0 to build the cross-tool
chain. I don't make my own anymore.

Now, using Debian, when cross-buildin alsa-lib,
a libtool relink during cross-build "make install"
I get an ld failure:

/home/djerome/x-tools/x86_64-generic-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find
/lib64/libpthread.so.0

because the cross-tool library libpthread.so is a
text file ld script:

/* GNU ld script
    Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
    the static library, so try that secondarily.  */
OUTPUT_FORMAT(elf64-x86-64)
GROUP ( /lib64/libpthread.so.0 /usr/lib64/libpthread_nonshared.a )

But this is the same cross-tool chain with
the same libpthread.so ld script that worked
on Fedora.

Any thoughts?