Re: [ttylinux] noobie on ttylinux - using putty to ssh from win 7 host to ttylinux in qemu

On 10/24/14 12:30, Paul Gydos wrote:
I found ttylinux in my quest to find a command line linux to learn some
of the basics of vi, and the command line in a virtualized environment.
I've only been using ttylinux for a few days and I've really enjoyed it.
Thank You!

I managed to deploy ttylinux virtio i486 in QEMU using the default
qemu-system-i386 and was able to figure out how to make a persistent
install on a .qcow drive which I prepared using ttylinux-installer
applied to a qcow image I prepared using a Gparted Live CD running in
Virtualbox (made a Partition Table, an ext3 partition with a boot flag).

I deployed this virtualized and persistent ttylinux on a Win7 32bit
machine and now I'm hoping to SSH into it from my Windows Host using
Putty into the QEMU Virtualized ttylinux Guest.
I'll be more help in a few days when I get
things running; I am without a few tools
right now.

I've not used qemu much, and not at all the
way you have...

You need to start ttylinux with a boot
parameter "enet" and maybe "host=name",
like

     ttylinux enet host=name.domain.com

The default is that it will use DHCP on startup
and get an IP address from your modem/router
just like your Windows computer does.

I use VirtualBox. It is much easier to use.

Start with what I just wrote, and I'll help
you through any part as well as I can. Then the